Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicago, Indian Summer

24 hours in Chicago and it is so weird to be able to eaves-drop again. I am staring at people on the phone on the street waiting for them to say something that I can understand. I, on the other hand, am still saying "si" "por favor" "gracias" and "con permiso" to everyone. I pull the 100 peso bill out of my pocket when I have nothing else to say. It isn't very funny, I just forgot to exchange cash on the way back into the country. Last night was the 15th Annual Dysfunctional Family Thanksgiving Dinner. Very delicious and very good to be back in the company of some of my very favorite people.

I have seen many friends already and have started to get into the excitement of the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner to be prepared here at my sister's house. In other news, I am working out my living situation for the next two months, looking for some work and wondering what to do next. I haven't made it to the storage locker yet. I think I will do that tomorrow and swap out my clothing for items more appropriate to the weather here. I can't wait to get my boots. It is very warm right now though, very Indian Summer, and I am so grateful for that. I am not quite ready for the cold.

I am off to go have real Chicago pizza at a place called Piece. It will be delicious. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment