Thursday, March 25, 2010

M'kay

So here I am, totally procrastinating from packing. I'm making bread... salt and pepper rolls which are super delicious hot out of the oven with lots of butter. I'm blogging blogs... blah blah blah. I'm contemplating if I should have my legs waxed in Phuket, and then I think F**kit and giggle silently to myself. I'm listening to Dee Lite because my squeeze is not home and am drinking the leftovers of a terrible stout I purchased for the Craft Night Retreat. Oy vey, was that an adventure. So here I am staring down a formidable pile of antiseptic wipes, linen garments, adapters and cords and other odds and ends wondering why I am bringing anything at all. How on Earth will I know what I need and what I don't? Sure, sure, sure I could have read travel blog after travel blog and researched all the ins and outs of DEET usage, but I sure didn't. Kinda like how I hate to read movie reviews before going... I like the surprise. I'm so going to get stuck in quicksand or a mud pit and no amount of tampons are going to save me.

My major prollem right now is figuring out what vessel I want to tote my totables in. I have a nifty new suitcase sized just large enough to check my mobile pharmacy, but I am at a loss for the appropriate carry-on. I have pondered duffels and satchels of every ilk and have found nothing that screams PERFECT for under 250 bones. My actual budget is 49.95. If I had an inside track on some gold bullion, I might have a little better luck. Now, I'm not saying the Army Navy Surplus doesn't have some viable bags priced around 20 bucks, but they just aren't working for me right now. I need something with a shoulder strap and handles. I need it to be rugged but not fugly and be easy to cram in every overhead I encounter and keep my gadgets safe. I also don't want to look like a dumb American tourist. Sorry fellow Americans, but a few of you with zip off short/pants and backpacks have created a stereotypical target for the rest of the world to harass. For my own safety, I would like to blend. In that case, I am considering just using my giant leopard print tote and calling it a day. I'm a girls scout. I still don't pack more than I can carry, so who cares what it looks like? 

Honestly, right now I feel like one of those special goats that falls asleep when it gets frightened. Zzzzzz. Or I feel distracted and then things get deep. I try to line up the last 10 years of my life in order according to apartments and love interests and then I get maudlin and Zzzzzz. But really I should just be packing, no?

M'kay, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment