Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear Chicago

Remember when I said you were ugly and dirty? I was wrong. You are beautiful and clean and relatively safe. Remember when I got upset because you rained on my gloriously free run through the park along the fantastic lakefront? So selfish of me, it rains here everyday and I have no park to run in without an hour drive in traffic first, and it will probably rain on me there anyway. And do you remember the time when I was bored with the food options downtown? How silly of me. Such variety and choice at my fingertips! I apologize for not taking better advantage of the free music at the Cultural Center. I didn't know how good it was to work RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Symphony Center also. Remember the time when I was unhappy to have to spend 30 minutes on the EL to get to Trader Joe's? How naive was I?

So, just in case you want to write me off I will understand. But I want to apologize for being such a spoiled brat. I truly love you and I hope we can still be friends.

Sincerely,

3 comments:

  1. you can come be friends with Chicago anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have to leave to realize all that... That's the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.
    And unfortunately, yes it does have to be ripped away from you before you truly realize how awesome it is. What is that something about loving something you have to let it go? It doesn't mean you can't ever have it back. That wonderful city is sitting on the edge of it's seat waiting for you to return.

    ReplyDelete