Sunday, February 28, 2010

Work work work work work

I have been working too much. Somehow, someway I got myself into a position that should for all intents and purposes be called The Director Of Happiness and Well-being... or the Host at Comet. Who on earth knew that there could be a position that combined problem solving puzzles, people, food and running around like a crazy woman? Well I'll tell you who knew, it was Captain in Charge of the Front of the House. And I'll tell you who said "I want that job!" It was me. ME. I also have the distinct quality of not being able to say no to anyone who calls  me asking for a shift to be covered. So needless to say I've been working non-stop. Now back to the host job. While it is killer on the knees and emotionally draining, there is nothing more satisfying than being able to arrange so some 400 people can drink bloody marys and eat fantastic diner food breakfast in a timely manner over a seven or eight hour period of time. My goal is to maximize the net sales for Comet by making everyone who walks in the door super happy. Therefore the employees are happy and well paid and the business can keep supporting health insurance for the employees and the customers can keep coming in for things with bacon in them. I think it is a win win situation. And now I would like to soak in a hot tub and drink another tasty adult beverage. Uff.

However, I need to take a break. I am woefully behind on the things I need to be doing for other people I have made commitments to. Namely myself and the LIFT organization. Also I am working on an architecture project for Comet that needs to be wrapped up and I am trying to get marginally settled into the apartment in Chicago. And then there is the Secret Supper Club and then the Beer Dinner and so on and so forth. Pretty much life could continue to be excessively wonderful and full of good food, friends and family for the rest of my life but I really need to get a few things done. So I need to take a mini break this week and catch up on a few things. I will start by folding the laundry. And making an appointment to meet with the director of LIFT tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment