Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm over it

After some serious internet research, I concluded that I had a mild case of altitude sickness. It's gone now. I feel almost normal physically, but there is still a lingering sense of lightness. I swear it is easier to lift water bottles here...

Also, I don't speak Spanish. Not yet, at least. I'm working on it. The first few days I was super stressed out about not knowing what people are saying; now I don't care. They are talking about food and money and politics and the weather, just like everybody else. I'll catch up eventually.

Movies here are very cheap. We saw Terminator last night and it was a new release (here at least) and only cost about $5 each. And the commercials before the show? Super hilarious! Commercials in the US are not usually so funny to me, only weird and appalling. Here I was laughing out loud.

I'd like to thank Tricky for being born on this day and making it no less than a perfect transition from summer to late summer. After a party like this, summer has to take a step down.

HUGS

1 comment: