Monday, July 6, 2009

Well That Wasn't So Hard

Today's accomplishments include the following:

1) Resigning position at esteemed architecture firm
2) Receiving 3rd degree from father on actual intentions for trip to D.F.

Both tasks were so much easier than I thought they would be according to my anxiety and mole-hill-mountain-making. Those sweaty palms suggested that I might have had something to fear. I suppose it is just my respect for authority that caused me such trepidation. Speaking of big words... Little Bro, the correct usage of that word would have been: "Those screaming kids seem to be creating the prevailing background noise in this phone conversation".

It turns out that I have a pretty good plan, fairly well thought out, nicely funded, adequately supported and soon to be executed. I also have a dog on my foot. Belle the black lab likes to wedge my toes in the crook of her ear. She also likes to eat cheese and take dirty Kleenex out of the bathroom waste paper basket. I am starting to see a pattern here. It just became apparent to me recently that there are dog people and there are cat people. I don't know anything about bird, reptile, insect or amphibian people... but dogs and cats are so different. I like dogs, but I don't think I am a dog person. I used to be afraid of dogs due to a few minor maulings in my youth by the family Airedale-ish mutt, but I have had the good fortune to spend some quality time with Belle to get over all that. And, yep, turns out I dig cats as pets way better, box-o-poop included.

Where was I? Oh yes, pasta dinner... wait no, no, I was talking about accomplishments. The result of today's efforts is that I am completely free and clear to continue on my plan to see the world.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I love that particular third degree....and by "love" I obviously mean "it makes me want to poo a little".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime's gonna miss you.

    Me too...a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's not talk about the "missing" part yet. I'm not ready. I need to go buy kleenex first, m'kay? And if me pops wasn't giving me the CIA run down, then surely I am doing it wrong. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well, Squiddy! Lots to think about here.
    I'm sure that su padre means all the best, and could be a teensy bit jealous that he hasn't gone tearing all over the world with his hair on fire.

    I love you and have all the trust in the world in your judgement. Just don't think you can handle every little thing that comes along; trust your little voice and ask for help if you need it; I'm always here with a passport and a baseball bat if you need me.

    LYSL&B
    Sq.

    ReplyDelete